A Place for Everyone!
Our congregation of approximately 300 member families is home to a warm, welcoming synagogue community. As an egalitarian congregation celebrating our Centennial this year, we welcome members with diverse needs and interests and benefit from their expertise and talents. We welcome both spouses or partners in dual faith families as members of our congregation.
Membership at Temple Israel is ALL about community, including:
- The opportunity to form close friendships and to become part of a caring community
- Celebrate Jewish holidays as part of a congregation in-person or in a virtual online environment
- Access to live and streaming services such as including High Holiday services, weekly Sabbath services and our daily minyan
- Access to events, educational programs, both in-person and streaming
- Assistance from Rabbi Kaplan and Cantor Abraham with life cycle events
- Discounted cemetery plots and burial fees
- Consultation with Rabbi Kaplan
- Hospital visits
- A vote at the annual meeting of the congregation
- Yearly yahrzeit reminder for your loved ones and mention of the anniversary in our daily minyan
- High Holiday Seats for you and your immediate family
- A home for your immediate family’s Bar and Bat Mitzvahs
- Volunteering opportunities
We have a range of membership types to suit a variety of needs. Please complete the Membership Form below and we will contact you to answer questions and help you choose a membership level that suits you.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or to learn more.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Temple Israel family.