Temple Israel was initiated in 1922 when a group of Jewish men met with the intent of forming a conservative congregation in Wilkes-Barre. The completion and dedication of the Temple Israel Building occurred in September, 1925. Throughout the years the Rabbis serving the congregation have been luminaries in the conservative movement. The congregation continues to build upon a rich legacy of tradition and service to the Jewish and general community.  

Click to Like Us on Facebook
Like Us on Facebook
Temple Israel
239 South River Street
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702
Phone: 570.824.8927 Fax: 570.824.1537
Email Temple Israel